National Watersports Festival organiser Allan Cross has been in touch with info about this year’s SUP shenanigans happening at the event. Over to Al –
TOP 10 REASON’S TO BOOK YOUR SUP EXPERIENCE TICKET FOR THE NWF 10TH ANNIVERSARY.
So the 10th Anniversary National Watersports Festival (NWF) is fast approaching, and it’s going to be a cracker! We have amended the SUP format from last year, and we are super excited to add some different but fun challenges to the list with the most popular returning to give you the opportunity to try them again or experience them for the first time.
There will be trade stands, demo equipment, refreshments, camping, live music and of the course the legendary NWF parties on both Fri & Sat night. There will be a unique opportunity to rub shoulders with UK’s best riders and their supporting industry who will be sponsoring various clinics conducted explaining how to get the best from this fast growing sport.
We are focused on making this NWF Sup format the best fun weekend you have ever had on an SUP. There will be a mix of fun, sociable and competitive elements to entertain all levels and variants of paddler.
However, the focus of the NWF Sup event is geared towards the recreational fun paddler coming together in a festival environment which focuses on having a great weekend with fun on and off the water.
There will also be a Junior racing with various elements with various age and equipment categories;
Under 10 10.6 ISUP (Under the age on the 1st Jan of that year with any Inflatable Sup from any brand)
Under 12 10.6 ISUP
Under 15 10.6 ISUP
Under 16 12.6 ISUP
There will also be a series of fun activities for teams and individuals which include;
XL Racing so best get your team sorted now
Sup Water Polo
Sup Tug of War
Plus additional fun/game activities which involve a sup board and a good imagination.
There will so be SUP/ SUPilates sessions during the weekend. Where
Pilates focuses very much on building core stability( abs,back&pelvis) and strength, mobility and flexibility of the whole body, which is beneficial for all sports.
Why not organise Sup club run and immerse yourselves into the NWF atmosphere, I can assure you won’t be disappointed
1. All events open to everyone beginner to pro, fun for all the family or the competitive.
2. The leading brands will be there; we will be catching up with them and having a good look at the latest equipment on offer.
3. Clinics presented by the UK’s pros delivered throughout the 3-day program. Get those top tips on how too.
4. Come and try one of the newest innovations SUP Polo it’s incredibly good fun and addictive sponsored by Starboard. Plus we will have Sup games this year sponsored by Fanatic! Or maybe a spot of SUPilates.
5. A great mix of fun, sociable and competitive events to enter; the whole focus is on having a great weekend on and off the water.
6. Come and try the latest equipment from the leading brands for free.
7. Loads of independent outlets in the NWF village, pick up an exclusive bargain.
8. Qualified Instructor-led taster sessions are available throughout the weekend in SUP and Windsurfing.
9. There will be a junior racing and skills element this year sponsored by Red Paddle Co.
10. Live music throughout the weekend plus two cracking parties on Friday and Pirates themed party on Saturday evening, which is perfect for all the whole family with a fantastic atmosphere. So come and join in the 10th Anniversary and immerse yourself into the NWF celebrations.
Discount tickets are available with hoodies and t-shirts if you book early. However, the discount clock is ticking!
So why not come and join the NWF birthday celebrations or even better organise and road trip with your colleagues or club members and join in the fun like hundreds of other watersports enthusiasts do each year!